Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Transformation Tuesday.

Tuesday's on social media are all about #transformationtuesday. I've participated a few times showing how different I looked 4 years ago, compared to now. I've done side by sides of how much Lily has grown in such a short time. I've even done one with me and my brother. It's fun to see how much can change in just a few short months, and years. Like 3 years ago, I had black hair, wore too much makeup, and was 20 pounds heavier. I was also incredibly miserable. I was the farthest thing from happy, and I rarely ever left my bed. Now, my hair is my natural blonde, I rarely wear makeup, and I'm happy. Transformation Tuesday doesn't always have to be about image. Sometimes the biggest changes happen within. Sometimes the biggest changes are felt, not seen.

3 years ago I was living in a nightmare. A nightmare that would eventually turn into the best thing to ever happen to me. But at the time, all I could see and feel was pain. I had no idea it was going to get even worse. And when it did, I thought there was no way things could ever get better. I was at rock bottom, and the only way to go from there was up, except "up" didn't even feel like an option. I was literally living in my own personal hell, and all I wanted to do was escape it. No matter the cost.

Now, 3 years later, I am the happiest I've ever been. I wake up everyday with a smile. I appreciate the little things. And even on a not so good day, I am thankful to be alive. My nightmare became my dream come true. It became my strength, my hope, and my happiness. I am no longer stuck in the darkness of despair. My transformation Tuesday is not just my physical appearance. It is also my soul, and the very essence of who I am. I feel like I am finally free of the hurt, and the pain. I am a new person, with a new outlook, and new goals. Everyday has a purpose it never had before. Everyday is a new chance to live, and breathe, and love.

My emotional transformation is the most important of all, because it is me, finally happy, and finally living.

No comments:

Post a Comment